Kevin M. Habberfield
Kevin joined this firm as an associate attorney in 2008 and became an equity partner in 2011. He grew up in Scio, Allegany County, New York. Kevin obtained his Bachelor of Science Degree from the State University of New York at Brockport and graduated cum laude from law school at the State University of New York at Buffalo. Mr. Habberfield practices law in both New York and Pennsylvania.
Mr. Habberfield handles personal injury, civil litigation and insurance matters in New York and Pennsylvania and has recovered millions of dollars for his clients. He is a member of the following organizations:
- American Association for Justice
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- New York State Trial Lawyers Western Region Affiliate (Vice President 2018-19, President 2019-2020)
- New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Allegany County Bar Association (Pro Bono Committee)
- Cattaraugus County Bar Association (Continuing Legal Education Committee, Secretary/Treasurer 2012, Vice-President 2013, President 2014, Immediate Past President 2015)
- University of Buffalo Alumni Association
- New York State Bar Association (2012 – 2014 House of Delegates Representative – 8th Judicial District)
- Pennsylvania Association of Justice
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Bar Association
In addition to the above association, Mr. Habberfield has been selected to the following:
- Robert J. Connelly Excellence in Trial Advocacy Award from the Western New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- US News & World Reports Best Lawyers (2018 to present)
- Super Lawyers (2013 to present)
Mr. Habberfield is a past member of the Board of Directors of the Wellsville Country Club and a current member of Board of Directors at the Bartlett Country Club. He is a past member of the Board of Directors of the Cattaraugus County United Way (2008 – 2018, Vice President 2012, President 2013 and 2014, Immediate Past President 2015 and 2016) and is a current member of the Board of Directors of the SPCA Serving Allegany County. He is also active in volunteering his time with the Saint Bonaventure University Mock Trial program, is a guest lecturer at the State University of New York at Buffalo School of Law and a member of the Benevolent and Protective Order of the Elks – Wellsville Lodge #1495.
In his free time, he enjoys spending time with friends and family, exercising, exploring the great outdoors, playing soccer, basketball, and he is a rabid (yes – rabid) golfer. For links to Kevin’s charitable and volunteer groups, please click here. To see more information on Kevin or the firm, please click on any of these badges below.
Kevin M. Habberfield, Esq.
Admitted in New York and Pennsylvania
Black, Lyle & Habberfield, LLP
129 North Union Street
PO Box 648
Olean, New York 14760
Toll Free: 1-800-524-9481